- PID detector
- FID/DELCD combination detector
- Built-in, “whisper quiet” air compressor
- Built-in Method 5030 compliant purge & trap
- 6-channel PeakSimple data system
- 60-meter capillary column on the compact 8610C chassis (8610V GC chassis also available)
- Options/Upgrades: Split/Splitless injector, additional valve and additional columns
- An additional gas sampling valve
- A vacuum pump interface for air sampling
- Additional detectors
For laboratory or mobile field testing where space and versatility are critical, choose the Environmental GC system. Equipped with Method 5030 or 5030/5035 compliant Purge & Trap, PID, and FID/DELCD detectors, it will easily generate certification quality data for EPA Methods 8021, 8010, 8015, TO-14, and many others. The standard on-column injection port allows for syringe injection, and a second injector may be installed if desired.
For users who do not need the chlorine-selective DELCD detector, the same configuration minus the DELCD is available as the BTEX GC.
These three chromatograms, displayed in PeakSimple, are from an analysis of Method 8021 standard + gases on an SRI Environmental GC system. Peak identities can be confirmed by comparing the results from the three different detectors. Peaks which often co-elute, such as benzene and carbon tetrachloride, can still be measured since the PID responds only to the benzene, while the DELCD only responds to the carbon tetrachloride.
The DELCD chromatogram is shown at left in more detail, with the peaks labeled for identification. The DELCD is completely selective for compounds containing chlorine. Other analytes do not respond at all, even at very high levels. The DELCD operates on the FID exhaust gases; therefore, all contaminants are pre-combusted by the FID to CO2 and H2O.
- The first few peaks in the 8021 standards, including vinyl chloride, are of special interest to many analysts. The chromatogram to the left shows the expanded detail of the first few peaks in the analysis (the VOC gases). Note the exceptionally good resolution and peak shape delivered by the purge & trap system with its dual trap technology.
8610-0050-2 BTEX GC: same as the Environmental GC, but with PID and FID detectors only (no DELCD detector)
8610-0051-2 BTEX GC, Method 5030/5035 Compliant
8610-0059-2 Environmental GC System